Our primary duty is to serve our community by providing a safe, secure facility where people are treated with dignity and respect and learn to be accountable for their actions.
The Miller County Detention Center houses those charged and awaiting trial, those arrested on warrants, those serving sentences, those placed on holds by Parole and Probation, those sentenced to and awaiting beds in the state prison system or Community Corrections, those sentenced by municipal courts in our county as well as others placed here on holds for other agencies.
The Detention Center can house subjects accused of all levels of charges. We are responsible for securely holding all of these individuals as well as providing a safe environment. Pretrial confinement is not for punishment purposes. It is merely to assure that the arrestee appears in court. Sentenced inmates, on the other hand, are here as punishment for their offense. It is the responsibility of the deputies and civilian staff to make productive use of the inmates time, but not to inflict further punishment upon them.
INMATE MESSAGE PHONE NUMBER: 573-369-6004
This phone number can be used to leave a recorded
message for the inmate.
There is a $1.00 charge for a 30 second message.
Saturday only LAST DAY will be April 28th, 2018
15 minutes per Inmate and person. All visitors must have a valid drivers license or ID.
- 8:45am – 9:45am
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- 10:00am – 11:00am
- 2:15pm – 3:15pm
- Visits will be 25 minutes long.
- Inmates can have a maximum of 2 onsite visits per week and an unlimited amount of offsite visits.
- Visitors can have an unlimited amount of onsite and offsite visits.
- Visits can consist of a maximum of one adult and two children
- Visitors and Inmates can access the Kiosks and log in up to 10 minutes prior to the start of the visit
- Visitors and Inmates can be up to 10 minutes late for scheduled visits. After 10 minutes the visit is marked as missed.
- Missed visits count towards the total number of visits per week for the Inmate.
- Visitors can schedule a minimum of 24 hours in advance and up to 1 week out.
- Public Defenders will not be charged for Offsite visits. Private Attorneys will be charged.
Video Visitation Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday Saturday, and Sunday
- 0800-1200 1300-1700 1800-2000
- 0800-1200 1300-1530 1800-2000
On-site Video Visitation Rules
- No low cut tops or revealing clothing.
- Only the adult who signed up may visit. (1 adult and 2 children under 16 years of age)
- No use of any electrical device during visits.
- Only allowed to talk with the detainee you signed up to talk with.
- No revealing pictures of any kind.
- No slamming or mistreating the video visitation equipment in anyway.
- No inappropriate language
All visitors must wear appropriate clothing!
All children must be watched by an adult!
Video Visitation Registration and Scheduling Website
ICSolutions website - www.icsolutions.com
Video Visitation Support
Toll Free: (888) 646-9437
As of May 2018 the Inmate mail procedures have changed to Postcards only.
- Acceptable postcards should be at least 3.5″ by 4.25″ (No larger than 4.25″ by 6″).
- Typed , written, or printed in blue or black ink.
- Embossed with a pre-printed stamp or inked stamp.
- State Inmates name and booking numbers
- Addressed to P.O. BOX 13 TUSCUMBIA, MISSOURI 65082
- Defaced, covered with plastic or any other wrapping.
- Marked with paint, crayons, or markers.
- Strained or have any type of watermarks.
- Labeled or stickers affixed to it.
- Covered with any biohazard (Lipstick, perfume, or body fluids of any type)
- Depicting nudity, weapons, or gang references.
- Written code of any type.
Money orders will no longer be accepted!
If you wish to put money on an Inmate’s account please refer to our online deposit services or you are welcome to use our Kiosk machine in the visitation lobby at the Miller County Sheriff’s Office from 08:00 am to 08:00 pm.
Turnkey Corrections - www.inmatecanteen.com