Our primary duty is to serve our community by providing a safe, secure facility where people are treated with dignity and respect and learn to be accountable for their actions.
The Miller County Detention Center houses those charged and awaiting trial, those arrested on warrants, those serving sentences, those placed on holds by Parole and Probation, those sentenced to and awaiting beds in the state prison system or Community Corrections, those sentenced by municipal courts in our county as well as others placed here on holds for other agencies.
The Detention Center can house subjects accused of all levels of charges. We are responsible for securely holding all of these individuals as well as providing a safe environment. Pretrial confinement is not for punishment purposes. It is merely to assure that the arrestee appears in court. Sentenced inmates, on the other hand, are here as punishment for their offense. It is the responsibility of the deputies and civilian staff to make productive use of the inmates time, but not to inflict further punishment upon them.
15 minutes per Inmate and person. All visitors must have a valid drivers license or ID.
- 8:45am – 9:45am
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- 10:00am – 11:00am
- 2:15pm – 3:15pm
**CHANGES OCCURRING WITH VISITATION**
Starting in March 2018 visitation will be changing to a video visitation format. We will continue to have the regular visitation hours until April 2018. The video visitation will be seven days a week 08:00 am to 08:00 pm. You will be required to make an appointment 24 hours in advance. There will be two options when doing video visitation. If you choose to do the visitation from the comfort of your home, there WILL be a cost. If you choose to do the visitation from the jail lobby, there will be NO cost.
Video Visitation Rules
- Visits will be 25 minutes long.
- Inmates can have a maximum of 2 onsite visits per week and an unlimited amount of offsite visits.
- Visitors can have an unlimited amount of onsite and offsite visits.
- Visits can consist of a maximum of one adult and two children
- Visitors and Inmates can access the Kiosks and log in up to 10 minutes prior to the start of the visit
- Visitors and Inmates can be up to 10 minutes late for scheduled visits. After 10 minutes the visit is marked as missed.
- Missed visits count towards the total number of visits per week for the Inmate.
- Visitors can schedule a minimum of 24 hours in advance and up to 1 week out.
- Public Defenders will not be charged for Offsite visits. Private Attorneys will be charged.
Video Visitation Hours (Effective date TBA)
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday Saturday, and Sunday
- 0800-1200 1300-1700 1800-2000
- 0800-1200 1300-1530 1800-2000
As of March 2018 the Inmate mail procedures have changed to Postcards only.
- Acceptable postcards should be at least 3.5″ by 4.25″ (No larger than 4.25″ by 6″).
- Typed , written, or printed in blue or black ink.
- Embossed with a pre-printed stamp or inked stamp.
- State Inmates name and booking numbers
- Addressed to P.O. BOX 13 TUSCUMBIA, MISSOURI 65082
- Defaced, covered with plastic or any other wrapping.
- Marked with paint, crayons, or markers.
- Strained or have any type of watermarks.
- Labeled or stickers affixed to it.
- Covered with any biohazard (Lipstick, perfume, or body fluids of any type)
- Depicting nudity, weapons, or gang references.
- Written code of any type.
Money orders will no longer be accepted!
If you wish to put money on an Inmate’s account please refer to our online deposit services or you are welcome to use our Kiosk machine in the main lobby at the Miller County Sheriff’s Office.
Keefe Website- www.inmatesdeposits.com